Work with us
- Are you looking for an exciting and challenging career, not just another job?
- Are you looking for a career that will not only challenge your mind but also reward your soul?
- Do you feel an inner urge to change the situation of the poor and the disadvantaged?
- Are you yearning for an opportunity to contribute to the upliftment of their lives?
Then, DHAN Foundation might be just the right place for you!
Who are we?
DHAN Foundation is a premier development institution in the country, working for the upliftment of the poor and the disadvantaged segment of the community (Know more about DHAN Foundation). The Foundation has been promoted with the objective to bring in highly motivated and educated young women and men to the development sector. Our belief is that energetic and dynamic people like you develop new innovations and upscale novel interventions in combating poverty and creating a fair and equitable society.
How DHAN works?
‘Give a man a fish, you feed for a day!
Teach the man how to fish; you feed him for entire life!’
Fitting the above adage, DHAN Foundation’s approach is in enabling the poor to better their lives and achieve self-reliance. DHAN strongly believes that what poor need is not charity, but hope, not sympathy but entitlement, not delivery of services but an enabling environment to earn those services by themselves. We hope that this enabling approach will facilitate the poor to stand on their own by earning a decent income with dignity.
This, DHAN achieves by promoting self-reliant people institutions, by organizing the poor. Thus creating an effective demand stream, where the poor have an opportunity to take up collective action for poverty reduction. So, to put in a nutshell, DHAN doesn’t claim itself working for the poor, but works with the poor, as partners in creating a poverty-free world (Know more about, how DHAN works).
Thus in the broader perspective, NGOs or development organizations like DHAN Foundation, forming the gamut of development sector, are emerging as one of the key players in bringing about sustainable human and social development. The role and space for this sector is increasing rapidly both at the national and global level. At the same time, there is an ever-increasing demand for high quality human resources to work in the sector in contributing to the betterment of the poor.
So, a career in development sector gives you the opportunity to unleash your potentials, in using your skill and knowledge to build a better society.
Our DHAN family
Currently, we are a family of 600+ staffs, recruited from reputed institutions from various disciplines such as agriculture, engineering, management and finance. We are equal opportunity employer, with people from different cultures and experience working with us and nearly 40% of them are female staffs.
Together, we are reaching out to nearly 700,000 poor families spread over 10000 villages and slums in well over twelve states in the country, viz., Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Pondicherry, Kerala, Orissa, Jharkhand, Bihar, Assam, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan. (Find out, where we work)
What does a career in DHAN offers?
So, now that you have decided upon your career in the development sector, we like to share with you, what a career in DHAN Foundation can offer.A career in DHAN Foundation gives you:
- Opportunity to recognize your innate potential and capitalize it for the betterment of the society
- Freedom of autonomy to perform your roles and responsibilities
- Continuous learning environment, to achieve excellence
- Exposure to various portfolios and platforms in the vast arena of development sector
- Constant support and mentoring from senior colleagues and peers
- Satisfying working environment with value-based conduct
Who can apply?
- Graduates in Management, Engineering, Agriculture and allied sciences: for the post of Project Executives
- Post-graduates in Commerce, Computer Science or any discipline with computer proficiency: for the post of Programme Associates
- Graduates in Commerce, Computer Science or any discipline with computer proficiency: for the post of Programme Assistant
- Post graduates in any discipline with research experience: for the post of Research Associates