Home >> FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is this course similar to MBA?
This is not a conventional business management course. It is a development management course with a difference. It aims at producing graduates to work with the designated Non Government Organisations particularly with poor communities. Management concepts, principles, tools and techniques relevant to development are taught in this course. It is a 2+3 years programme.
2. What are the professional development prospects after the completion of 2+3 years PDM??
The candidates who graduate successfully would be placed in the designated Non Government Development Organisations across the country. The responsibilities might involve planning and implementing livelihood development and social development programmes for at least 3000 poor families. The remuneration for the graduate is at par with the best in the NGO sector. High performers will quickly move into higher positions in the organisation and try to reach more than 5,000-10,000 poor families for significant impacting.
3. What is the pattern of the exam? How to prepare for it?
Development Management Admission Test (DMAT) will be of objective type, testing the following abilities.
- English language and comprehension
- Behavioural traits
- Quantitative ability
- Analytical reasoning
- Social concern
Performance in all the above said areas will be taken into account for selection. Relevant management and competitive examination materials can be referred.
4. Is the scholarship provided to all candidates?
Yes, the fellowship is provided to all candidates who clear the selection process and register for the programme. The financial assistance is mobilised from different organisations including community.
5. Is the Academy affiliated to any university?
The Academy is an autonomous institution growing as a centre of excellence particularly among the Non Government Development Organisations. It is gaining recognition among these Development Organisations for the competence and quality of graduates produced by it. We think this appropriate as of now.
6. How to apply?
You can apply using any of the following methods:
- Download the application form in pdf format and send the filled-in application to email@example.com through email and send a Demand Draft for Rs.500/- in favour of “Tata-Dhan Academy” payable at Madurai by post.
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE using the online application form and send a Demand Draft for Rs.500/- in favour of “Tata-Dhan Academy” payable at Madurai.
- 3. Request an application form by sending a Demand Draft for Rs.500/- in favour of “Tata-Dhan Academy” payable at Madurai. The fee includes application cum brochure cost and registration fee also.
7. What is the last date to apply for PDM?
The end of February every year. The dates will be announced time to time.
8. On which name Demand Draft should be prepared?
The demand draft should be prepared in the name of Tata-Dhan Academy payable at Madurai.
9. What is the number of candidates to be selected to PDM?
The final batch size PDM is expected to be not more than 40.
10. Is there any age limit for PDM programme?
Age should not be more than 26 years as on 1st July in the year of application.
11. Can I join for the Programme without receiving my final year graduation result?
Those who are in the final year and expected to complete all the requirements of graduation before June 2011 can only apply.
12. What is the medium of education at TDA?
The medium of instruction is English and case method of learning will be followed as pedagogy.